Sati Pasala Bundoora had it first session held at 2, May Rd, Laylor, VIC, Australia on Sunday the 12th August 2018. This was run mainly by Jagath Munasinghe and Iresha Bundusena with the support of few other facilitators from Sati Pasala Melbourne group and newly joined facilitators from Sati Pasala Bundoora group.
About 43 children participated in the following segments:
- Introducing the Sati Pasala concept.
- Introducing the SMS mode, what mindfulness is and how to be mindful at the present moment.
- Introducing ‘Sound of Silence’
- Mindful walking and sitting
- Mindful game: “Throwing a tennis ball into a hole”
- Reporting experiences: Discussed on children’s experience in listening to the singing gong, mindful walking and sitting. The children were encouraged to start practicing at home and to report their experiences at the next session.