Sati Pasala Bundoora held the fifteenth session at Nick Ascenzo Community Centre, 2 Boronia Avenue, Thomastown, 3074 VIC, Australia on Sunday the 13th October, 2019 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
Altogether 25 children attended on the day and the following segments covered during the session.
- Understanding Mindfulness (S1): A discussion was initiated to introduce ‘How Mindfulness Helps with Forgetfulness’ to the group. A short video on maintaining the right posture in sitting meditation was shown. A live demonstration on the correct posture on sitting meditation was presented by a facilitator. This was presented within a discussion on maintaining the correct posture in sitting meditation and how to deal with the external and internal distractions using the noting technique.
- Guided Practice (S2): Mindful walking was practiced outside and mindful sitting was practiced inside the hall.
- Mindful Activity (S3): The mindful activity ‘Marble Run’ was done in small groups of 3-4 children. Most of the children were managed to use SMS and play the game successfully. The importance of applying the right amount of energy in to mindfulness practice was emphasized.
- Reporting Experiences (S4): Children’s experience on mindful walking and mindful sitting was discussed in small groups. Each child was given a chance to talk about their formal and informal mindful experiences. This was followed by instructions on how to improve their formal and informal practice and. Children were encouraged to submit their experience in writing.
- Survey for Parents: A short survey on mindfulness practice compiled by SP Melbourne Keysborough group was handed in to parents and children.