The Sati Pasala Mindfulness program was held on the 27th September 2017 at Nawa Aramaya, Mahamevnawa Asapuwa Para, Kumbalwela, Alla Bandarawela from 08.00 am to 05.00 pm. A total of 15 students and their parents participated the program. They were guided by venerable Desika Maniyo on the following mindfulness activities.
- Mindful walking
- Mindful sitting
- Mindfully pouring water into a cup from a kettle
- Mindfully drinking a cup of plain tea
- Mindfully sweeping the compound
- Mindfully washing the dishes
- Mindfully chanting the stanza of Ithipiso
At the end of the program, students shared their experience of ‘Sati’ most appreciatively. Both parents and students requested for similar programs to be conducted in the future.