At the Light of Asia Foundation on the 6th March, about 75 National Schools Principals/Vice Principals and about 25 Deans of the National Colleges of Education, joined for the Sati Pasela Mindfulness Teacher Educators program. The Dean, Sariputta National College of Education, Venerable Panditha Kotagama Vachissara, was also present and greatly appreciated the program. The overall response from every one present was very good and the Q and A discussion was very interactive. Deepal Sooriyaarachchi conducted the mindfulness workshop (the fifth the series, so far) and this was preceded by a brief explanation on the Sati Pasela work so far, by Hemantha Ranawaka – Member, Sati Pasela Stakeholders Committee. Some Principals discussed ways to introduce this into their schools using the teachers who are already familiar with Sati Pasela. The Education Ministry Directors, Mr Nimal Dharmasiri and Ms Jeewa Kaluarachchi were also present and they spoke of the value of a introducing Sati Pasela at a national level.
- Mr. Nimal Dharmasiri – Director, Ministry of Education
- Mr. Deepal Sooriyaarachchi – Sati Pasela Mindfulness Facilitator
- Mr. Hemantha Ranawaka – Sati Pasela Mindfulness Facilitator
- Dean – Ms. R. M. P. B. K Ilukkubura/ National College of Education, Wayamba
- Dean – Mr. R. W. A Wijeweera/ National College of Education, Battaramulla
- Principal – Ms. Anoma Dahanayaka/ Ananda Balika Vidyalaya, Colombo 10